UCF Arboretum News!!
The Arboretum is happy to announce that we are launching an Adopt-a-Plot program beginning this Fall. Students and community members will have the opportunity to Adopt their very own plot to grow herbs and veggies at the Arboretum! Anyone who is interested in adopting a plot will fill out the application attached to this email and send it to email@example.com. The general requirements are described below and are also found on the application form. Keep in mind that if you are an experienced gardener, there will be opportunities for you to take a leadership role within this program…
Each adopter will be assigned a plot in the Arboretum area depending on their group size (2+) and skill level. Adopters need to first provide the following:
- Class and work schedules or general availability throughout the semester of adoption
- 2 hours (minimum) a week of labor on the plot
- Two (2) dedicated adopters that will work on the plot
- Their own seeds or plants (plants must be legal, non-invasive and annual plants)
- Closed toed shoes and re-useable water bottles
- A satisfactory score on the Arboretum activities guide quiz (given after the application is processed)
The Arboretum will provide tools, but only during our operating hours (Mon-Fri 8am-3pm). This means tools have to be return by 3 pm and no later. Adoptions last one semester with the opportunity to renew upon staff inspection and approval. Failure to uphold the adoption requirements can result in eviction from the plot. One warning email will be sent and the infraction will be discussed. If a second infraction occurs on the plot, the plot will be reassigned to a new individual. Individual and general volunteering is available Monday through Friday at the hours noted by the current volunteer schedule (available in our office and on our website).
After your application is processed, you will be given further information on qualifying for this exciting, community-building program!
- ucfut posted this